Microwaves & Food Irradiation
Microwaving your foods or eating microwaved foods is one of the worst things for your health. Did you know that most foods are already zapped (irradiated) before they hit the shelves? You may be unknowingly eating foods hit with high doses of radiation everyday! The use of microwave ovens and the process of food irradiation is a highly controversial topic, as are most issues on nutrition. Both processes damage foods, decrease nutrient content, over activate the immune system, and create carcinogens (cancer causing agents) & radiolytic compounds.
- Microwaves heat foods from the inside out by use of alternating current driven by microwave radiation which reverses the polarity of atoms, molecules and cells of the foods or water being heated 1-100 billions times per second.
- Microwaves damage the cell wall of foods, making it less likely for the gut receptors to recognize, resulting in an immune response. For example, larger food particles could leak into our blood stream (antigens), and they could settle in the joints and create joint pain and/or arthritis because the micro-capillaries in the joints are so small the food particles get stuck and the body sees it as a foreign invader and attacks it (that’s why a lot of people wake up with achy joints). This whole process could lead to a number of auto-immune disorders.
- Microwaves decrease the nutrient content in foods. Structural degradation lead to a decreased food value of 60-90% overall for all foods tested.
- Decreases IGA antibodies by 96% in breast milk. Thats why hospitals are banning the use of microwaves to heat baby foods or formulas. If microwaving foods are so damaging for small humans, why would it be any different for us?
- Swiss food scientist Dr. Hans Hertel found that microwaved food increased cholesterol levels, decreased both red and white blood cell counts, decreased hemoglobin, and produced carcinogenic and radiolytic compounds
- Russian investigators found that carcinogens were formed from the microwaving of nearly all foods tested.
- Radiolytic compounds are by products of radiation and are carcinogenic.
- Microwaves leached carcinogenic chemicals in all packages tested into your food. BPA (xenoestrogen) increases estrogen and decreases testosterone. PET (polyethylene terpthalate) a petroleum derived product) carcinogenic. Heat susceptors (used in popcorn, pizza, etc for browning) carcinogenic.
- In 1991, a nurse microwaved blood before a transfusion and it chemically altered the blood so much that the lady who received it died.
- Standing one foot away from a microwave while in use can expose you to upwards of 400 milliGauss (4 mG has been firmly linked to leukemia).
The process of food irradiation is the use of radiation such as gamma radiation, caesium-137, or the linear accelerator e-beam technology left over from Reagan’s Star Wars program to “sanitize” foods. But what else happens when we irradiate our foods?
- Irradiation destroys vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. Up to 80% of the vitamins could be lost in the process. (Vit A, B complex, C, D, E, etc.).
- Mutagenic and carcinogenic radiolytic compounds have been identified in studies on irradiated foods. Radiolytic compounds, pesticides, and free radicals could also form to create URP’s, some of which are known toxins (formaldehyde) and some are unknown.
- That turkey breast you got at the store could have been hit with doses of radiation up to 330 million times a single chest x ray.
- Foods that are irradiated: Wheat, Beef, Lamb, Pork, Poultry, Fruits, Vegetables, Eggs, Herbs & Spices, supplements and more.
- We still have problems with ecoli and other food-borne illnesses despite the use of irradiation. Sometimes only the worst bacteria survive the process while all the good bacteria is destroyed, leaving no competition.
- Organic foods cannot be irradiated.
- Check out Dr. Mercola’s top 10 reasons for opposing food irradiation.
The convenience of microwaves and eating irradiated foods are at the cost of your health. You or those you know are eating dead foods and chronically being exposed carcinogens.
- Food preparation is essential to avoid the convenience of microwave ovens.
- Take the time to heat foods safely in the oven or on the stove.
- Have foods already made that are enjoyable cold (chicken, shrimp, quinoa, raw veggies and fruits, etc).
Keep it Fresh!
How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy & You Are What You Eat by Paul Chek
The Body Electric by Dr. Robert Becker
Articles by Lita Lee P.h.D, Ray Peat P.h.D, & Dr. Mercola